View Single Post
Old 07-03-2015, 09:53 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Update: infusion 3

Hello All,

I am making some progress! What is so thrilling is that because of vacation and now holiday office closure I will have gone three weeks in between infusions and I still feel it is doing something. Clearly it is not just from anesthetic effect or high doses over days and days. Maybe there is something to the idea of breaking pain memory to reduce other symptoms. So far...

Color difference is improved. Swelling is improved, though mild it was there and causing discomfort. Nerve seems to be Moving some and not so stuck, probably due to less swelling. Stinging sensations at the 4 inch incision on the sole of my foot are gone! I still have stinging at the five inch incision at my ankle when standing but it feels more superficial and less deep. I am sleeping better because I am more comfortable.

This is working like I hoped in that I am using the improvement to push recovery and activity. This means I sometimes overdo as I test limits but I seem to recover more quickly. My greatest hope is that I can increase strength, motion and endurance while the infusions are on board and have that improvement hold. I am still on nortriptyline but only taking Ibuprofen and Tylenol for pain.

I can honestly recommend low dose ketamine at this point as something to try. I am still not suffering side effects other than the same day sleepiness and lethargy. No post-infusion weirdness like I have read about. I had slight nausea for maybe 15 minutes afterwards with the dose increase last time but it resolved quickly and I was fine. I tend towards nausea anyway.

Thanks for the prayers and support! I really do appreciate it.

Shine Your Bright Light
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (11-01-2015), EnglishDave (07-03-2015), LIT LOVE (07-03-2015), MarthaMyDear (07-07-2015), maygin (07-06-2015), MissyJ (07-03-2015), swimtime (07-03-2015), vintagewine (10-29-2015), visioniosiv (07-03-2015), whiteaa (07-03-2015)