View Single Post
Old 07-04-2015, 10:58 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Little bits of help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue7 View Post
I'm 31yrs old and have neuropathy from using cocaine a year ago. My neuropathy is on the whole side of my body on the left. My dr and neurologist have done a ct scan, mri of brain and neck, etc. All those test came back normal. So my neurologist just said that I have peripheral neuropathy. Neurontin helps to a certain degree, but makes me too tired. I don't know what else to do. I've been clean from drugs for a year, but the neuropathy hasn't gotten any better. I still do drink sometimes, but I don't think it's enough to cause any harm. I want to find a job and move on with life, but the burning pain has me frustrated, angry, suicidal, and depressed everyday. I need advice. Thanks.
Your Neuro sounds like mine. Nobody here has the big answer, but we try and help each other chip away at the smaller problems. It is a process when your life has been changed and pain is a constant companion. There are some things that are pretty widely accepted as being true. Getting at least 5 hrs of sleep is needed for healing the mind and body. My Dr. has no problem with me taking a pill for sleep. I believe that pain can drive you to depression if the pain is great enough to keep you from getting sleep. Many here in pain management programs. The magnates here tell the truth as they know it from their own experience. Not so with U-Tube, I have heard conflicting advise there. I know that a sense of loss can cause all the symptoms you are assigning to the burning pain. It sucks, the loss and the pain. If you search for alcohol induced neurapathy and read those posts you may feel that alcohol needs to be in the rear-view mirror. I have to go but my little pearl is if your skin is burning and tender on the surface, get some Mortons Epsom Salt Lotion and squirt out about a quarter size portion and this used to do my foot and ankle. Good Luck, Ken in Texas.
zkrp01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote