View Single Post
Old 07-04-2015, 01:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi saracb, I was wondering if you have an update since your last post. I feel like we're in a similar boat and had a few questions:

-How were you were diagnosed with VTOS - was it clinically? If so, is the venogram just to confirm the diagnosis?
-Did you end up getting a venogram?
-Has your doctor recommended any other tests (i.e. IVUS, MRA, etc.)?
-Has any doctor spoken about risks of waiting (i.e. if the vein would get more damaged, less chance of surgery success, etc.) vs the risk of surgery (i.e. can you develop nerve symptoms from scar tissue?)? It seems like they have differing opinions - some don't see a problem with waiting (more about how you feel on a daily basis and what point do you want to take that step).
-Do you have any nerve symptoms?

I can definitely understand your frustration. Surgery certainly feels like a big step (the recovery, how much better am I going to get, will it re-occur, will I need more surgery), but there are days when I really just want to feel better and not think about it anymore. I sincerely hope you will find the right path for you to get better so you can get back to swimming and live your life 100%!
thortime is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote