View Single Post
Old 07-04-2015, 04:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healthgirl View Post
Now I am 100% sure this is more than a coincidence. At this point there have been too many coincidences.

My 12 year old has been complaining of foot pain for 2 months on and off.

She has been having headaches several times a week for about 6 months. Her anxiety is terrible, and she has been suffering from episodes of insomnia for a few months, which she never had before.

She has woken up with pulled neck muscles about 5 times in the past few months.

All symptoms that were the beginning of my neuropathy. I took her to the per. about the headaches and asked for a full work up with celiac test and ferritin levels. All came ok.
I was relieved about it and just thought it was all possibly hormonal/ puberty, and couldn't be related to what is happening to me.

Well now I saw with my own eyes that this is no coincidence.

Yesterday she broke out in the same livedo like rash from the sun. She is has dark Italian skin and has never EVER had a reaction or even a burn from the sun. Her right toe is hurting and when she tries to lift it she describes a vibrating painful sensation. She keeps stubbing that toe because she says her foot won't let her lift it properly.

I don't know what to do.
I have had all the blood work, MRI's, spinal tap, that any doctor can think of and it is idiopathic. How can it be that my 12 year old girl is coming down with the same illness with in 8 months of each other?
I am desperately trying to figure out what to do.
It must be something microbial. What else could it be? Please any ideas, thoughts, direction?
I am going to have her biopsied for sfn, but then what? It will probably be positive. This has to bring more clues to treatment since it is affecting two people at the same time in the same family.
I agree with Madisongrl....since you BOTH have symptoms, please check for tick born illness...the bite of one tick can give one numerous diseases like Lyme Disease, Erlichia, Babesia, Tularemia, etc.

I have a long history of Lyme Disease and Erlichia and my neuropathy and pain was caused by infection. The medical establishment in America has been very dismissive of Lyme Disease/tick born illnesses and have basically swept it Under the rug. Treated early, one should be fine, however, allowed to linger, untreated for yrs, it can have very serious consequences. I have permanent nerve damage that has caused extensive neuropathy, damage to my brain(hippocampus) that has caused memory and cognitive issues, light and sound sensitivity, simple seizures, headaches, insomnia and overall body pain that flares up from all sorts of triggers.

I cannot focus on a task to save my life....I have notebooks and post it's all over because my memory is so poor.

Please, I am not trying to scare you, just inform you. The tests for Lyme Disease are not great so the diagnosis needs to be made by your doctor after he/she weighs all the factor/symptoms and determines you likely have the ill ESI's and gives you a course of antibiotics....never, never take less then 6 weeks...the medical establishment has somehow promoted you only need a few weeks. IF YOU STILL HAVE SYMPTOMS, YOU NEED TO KEEP TAKING ANTIBIOTICS.
Many docs know very little about tick borne illnesses or believe it is a minor issue.

On page 11 of this paper by Dr Joseph Burrascano is a list of symptoms that can be caused by a tick bite. Or goggle Dr Richard Horowitz in Hyde Park New York.

http://www.lymenet.org/BurrGuide200810.pdf

Use the search function on this site for Lyme Disease as I know I have put more info around this forum.

I wish you the best,
Diandra

p.s. here is a video with two docs on either side of the Lyme Disease controversy...listen to Dr Horowitz, he knows his stuff. Many docs and organizations who downplay tick borne infections have been found to have ties to insurance companies. If I had NOT had extensive IV antibiotics, my seizures would still be devastating, my migraines daily and my pain completely uncontrolled and the poor memory of an Alzheimer's patient.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DPa36qTnBgQ

Last edited by Diandra; 07-04-2015 at 05:01 PM.
Diandra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Healthgirl (07-05-2015), madisongrrl (12-27-2015), zkrp01 (07-05-2015)