View Single Post
Old 07-06-2015, 10:30 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I make my own ferment. Have to buy papaya at market. Wash with good soapy water to get off germs and spray. rinse well and dry with paper towel. Cut in rings / peel of skin/ saving seeds to dry as medicinal pepper/ then mash paya well or put in food processor til smooth. Add a teaspoon of turmeric and a teaspoon of cinnamon (Ceylon best) *can be ordered thru Swansons Health products...best price I have found..MIX well and Place in a glass bowl or casserole dish and cover with plastic wrap....pushing out the air bubbles. You want it completely in a oxygen free invironment. I seal the edges and add another layer of plastic wrap. This needs to stand at room temperature for 5 to 7 days....depends on room temperature and the ripeness of the papaya as to how fast it ferments. You will notice the plastic push up from gas made from fermenting and bubbles in fruit blend. Wipe carefully around edge of container...removing any mold you see that formed around the edges. You can put in fridge in sealed container and eat 2 TBS a day or 2 times a day if you require more. I usuall add ground flax seed to thicken and a little sorghum molasses and pink himilayan sea salt to mine. Mix well and drop onto parchment paper (cookie size blobs) and dehydrate this. Then when it is dried....I grind it into powder and keep in the refrigerator and put 1 teaspoon on my breakfast in the morning. Happy fermenting to you
Aunt Bean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote