View Single Post
Old 07-06-2015, 01:38 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Has anyone worked with vocational rehab?

I had my initial appointment with the VRC about a month or so ago. They turned it over to a local service and I met with all of them 3 weeks ago. I met with my personal coach 2 weeks ago. It was at that appointment that I learned there is not any record of my PCP giving the 'okay' to work and what restrictions/accommodations I need.

Last week I had to cancel due to pain. Today, I am so not feeling it. My leg has been more swollen and more cold since I woke this morning. I am an emotional wreck because of some family events this weekend and am wondering why I need to keep going every week if I don't even have the 'okay' to work. I emailed my PCP's nurse and my PCP is on vacation and may need me to get the okay from both neuro & pm first. I could be going to these weekly things and filling out apps for nothing.

I know a few weeks ago I submitted an app and went to an interview. I think because I felt I needed to see if I could. Well, my daughter drove me to the interview and waited in the car. She takes me to my VR meetings and does puzzles or reads (it's in the library). I can't make it through my practice runs of a mock job. WTH am I thinking? WTH am I doing?

GreyStreet (07-07-2015)