Thread: Success Stories
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2015, 03:50 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepaw View Post
I am trying something new, completely unrelated to CRPS and using a different part of my body. Too often my thoughts run to foot, foot, foot. I am like a broken record. So I started piano lessons last week. I am taking my son to the music school anyway and they had a slot open at the same time. Hard to make excuses on that one.

I like that it gets me into a totally new place in my head, where I am focusing intensely on my hands and reading the notes. It also re-connects me to a time in my brain before CRPS since I took piano for a while when I was very young.

Yeah for new, non-pain brain activity!
Good for you! It does help to have something else to totally take my focus. I have a keyboard, and sing along while playing. hahaha Making a joyful noise. I have had RSD in my left foot for six months and am just now being able to put it on the floor for any length of time, so I can play my keyboard and sing again. Glad you brought this up, as it is encouraging me to do it a little bit at a time every day. Progress of any kind encourages me to keep on keepin on.
tigerlily7777 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluekrikit (11-06-2015), Littlepaw (07-06-2015), stillsmiling (08-08-2015), visioniosiv (07-29-2015), whiteaa (07-06-2015)