View Single Post
Old 07-06-2015, 07:55 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chtam View Post
Recently diagnosed with "atypical" nTOS after 2 years of symptoms.

I have already tried conventional PT, fascial release (a la Sharon Butler), chiropractor, and massage - all of which caused flares. Now I have been on the Edgelow protocol for a few months with mild improvement.

I understand that this is a lifestyle change, not a 4-week program PT program, but I need to know, is there anyone out there that considers their nTOS "cured" or "managed" and who has successfully returned to work at a near-normal level, say at least 80% time?
Hi,

Just because others have not been able to "cure" your TOS does not mean that you can't. A lot of the times this disorder comes from gradual changes in your body's mechanics. You need to analyze every aspect of your body from your standing posture to your hip allignment to your scapular position, find abnormalities or weaknesses, and work on them tirelessly. I have had disputed nTOS for 3 years now and every single day I'm looking for ways to help it. I just want you to be positive and know that it is possible. Everybody has bad days with TOS, but with the right mindset you could reduce symptoms A LOT. Mine now feels more like an annoying itch on my shoulder whereas two years ago I could only sleep in 25 minute intervals before I would wake up in pain. Im working full time, getting in the gym, and actually living a fairly normal life.
You got this.
jzp119 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote