View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 07:20 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
[/B]

The sections in blue need to be deleted IMO. If you give the impression your medical condition might be improved with a change of meds or dosages, you will be denied.

******OK. Thanks a bunch for doing that. I think it needs to be more concise so I am looking for things to edit out.

Have you sat down and considered every component of your job you can no longer perform?

&&&&&&& Yes. But I am not sure I can fit them all into the narratives without it again turning into a novel. It seems to be if I basically have trouble standing or sitting for over an hour, that i cannot work. It that a wrong assumption. I can't do the above due to neuropathic pain in my feet. To try to push past that time windows . . . do to the increased pain will cause major cognitive problems.

Can I ask your age? It will determine whether the Grid Rules are an issue.

&&&& Sure. I turned 51 on May 7th oy 2015. 'Grid Rules' . . . that whole concept just 'freaks me out'. I get neurotic and try to write my narratives in a way that covers grids . . . and that is very tiresome. But I guess better to be TIRED now, then DENIED benefits later. Right?

If you are under the age of 50 the standard SS holds you to is can you perform any job listed in the DOT. So, you'll have to prove you're not capable of an unskilled, sedentary job like Surveillance System Monitor.

*** What is the DOT?

Did you read the link I posted previously about 11.14 in the Blue Book?

**** I'm pretty sure I did reply to that post on this board already. I'll double check later. I have to get ready to head out of town. I see my Shrink at 440pm and the next day my neurologist at 300pm. This is a 2.5 hour drive ONE way. I stay over night at my brother's. Travelling is hard due to feet and cognition with what all to pack and how to get to all the different places without getting lost.

Even if you don't qualify with that Listed Impairment, those are the issues SS considers most severe for someone with your disorder. Make note of anything that applies to you and reference those limitations. It's not a bad idea to read the ENTIRE Blue Book by the way.
&&&& Wow. That freaks me out. How many pages is it?

Thank you for your help!
canifindagooddr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote