View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 08:33 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
Dictionary of Occupational Titles (DOT)

If you can qualify by meeting or equaling a Listed Impairment, proving that should be your first priority. It doesn't need to be addressed in these forms, btw.

^^^^^^^ What other ways is it addressed? So, DOT has listed impairments in it? I thought that was what the Grid rules were? Good Lord this stuff is confusing!

If you won't meet a Listed Impairment, then you should try to determine if you qualify via the Grid Rules. You may or may not.

^^^^^^ Links to DOT and Grid please. Thanks!

The last way to be approved is with the 5 Step Sequential Process. It's unlikely you'll be approved this way without going before an ALJ. This can take 2+ years.

^^^^^^^^I will run out of money by then . . . I have 24K left in my IRA and that is what I am living off of. And, with that amount I also have to pay child support for three kids. Ages 12, 10 and 8.

It really doesn't take that long to get through the Blue Book. It might take a day. Better to take a few extra weeks and do a thorough job, than doing it quickly and drawing the process out for years.
**** Agreed. Thanks. So, as I read through the BB - highlight things that 'describe me'? Then as I write BRIEF narratives for the function report, use the highlights from the BB . . .weave them into my narratives?

****And before I forget -- 11:14 that you asked about previously:

11.14 Peripheral neuropathies. With disorganization of motor function as described in 11.04B, in spite of prescribed treatment.

PN has proven treatment resistant for me. I am clumsy and I have a DX of 'abnormality of gait'.

11.04 Central nervous system vascular accident. With one of the following more than 3 months post-vascular accident:

***** 'accident'? I was in no crashes.

A. Sensory or motor aphasia resulting in ineffective speech or communication; or

****Cognition is marred due to PN pain this cause communication problems for me. I do not know what aphasia means and do not have time to look it up now.

B. Significant and persistent disorganization of motor function in two extremities, resulting in sustained disturbance of gross and dexterous movements, or gait and station (see 11.00C).

***** Yes, the above is me.

11.00C
C. Persistent disorganization of motor function in the form of paresis or paralysis, tremor or other involuntary movements, ataxia and sensory disturbances (any or all of which may be due to cerebral, cerebellar, brain stem, spinal cord, or peripheral nerve dysfunction) which occur singly or in various combinations, frequently provides the sole or partial basis for decision in cases of neurological impairment. The assessment of impairment depends on the degree of interference with locomotion and/or interference with the use of fingers, hands and arms.

****** Yes, I think the above applies to me.

Thanks!
canifindagooddr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote