View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 10:50 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
Your AOD is your first important decision when you apply. (And frankly if you don't understand the concept it helps us figure out how knowledgeable you are so that we can answer your questions.)

****Understood.

You've already applied, so yes you just need to move forward at this point.

****OK.

In an ideal situation, you would have spent more time understanding the process before applying.

*****Nothing is ideal when one is disabled, unemployed, recently divorced with three kids all under the age of 13, blah, blah, blah. Grin.

I'm surprised an attorney accepted you.

***** Why? Do you think I have a weak case?

***** RGGlaw.net accepted my case. The attorney said, "75% of the people that call us about SSDI we turn down because we do not think they have a strong case. We are accepting you because we think you have a strong case based on your work history (25 straight years teaching), your age (51), and your excellent medical records (I see doctors often I have a number of DX's -- PN, Bipolar, ADD, OCB, GAD).

They are only paid on backpay, so it's unusual s/he did. Your goal should be to be approved at the 1st stage. So, there is a bit of conflict with your goals and your attorney getting paid...
***** Yeah, I kind of figured that part out on my own. I ran it by my brother (a doctor of 30 years) - "No . . . they would not do that (not help me much in the beginning to draw this thing out so they get more money). That would be unethical. Possibly worthy of getting disbarred." I didn't argue with him but I find your argument more agreeable than my big brother's. Maybe the law firm has some 'fine ink/small words' in the contract that says they get a boatload of money no matter when I get approved... I would not put that past an attorney. My apologizes to any honest attorneys that might be on this forum - the last sentence did not apply to you.

I have never used the services of an attorney until my ex-wife unexpectedly threw me out of my own house. I didn't even think that was legal given the fact that I have never been abusive to her or our kids. I have no police record. It just seemed unconstitutional to throw a man out of his own house with no warning at all. "Give us your keys, the remote control to your garage, you have 30 minutes to pack and you will not be staying here tonight." Wow. Off topic. Sorry. Just gives you a bit of background.

Since getting Pearl Harbored . . . I have hired three lawyers. 2 I do not like at all and feel that they did more bad than good . . . and the jury is still own on RGG. So far, OK.

Finally, I will say this about RGG . . . they have been timely and professional in all my many dealings with them over the last two and a half months. I could not and would not EVER say that about the first two attorneys I had to hire . . . One is probably going to get fired next week unless . . .
canifindagooddr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote