View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 12:02 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Nerve Blocks as Diagnostic Tool

I still haven't received an official CRPS diagnosis as my symptoms don't present as classic text book and are mild luckily. I go for 3 phase bone scan on Friday with then talk of getting a series of nerve blocks to see if they relief my symptoms left foot to confirm CRPS diagnosis. I have had another PM doc say my pain level is not high enough for risk of nerve block and he said I don't have CRPS because I don't yelp in pain at touch.

New PM thinks I do have CRPS in very mild form and after bone scan make recommend nerve blocks to use to confirm or unconfirm diagnosis. He says risks are extremely low and other doc might not have done alot so might not be confident in his ability. I agree with this new PM and that CRSP is a spectrum disease/syndrome and that you don't need to have the severe case in order to have it so I am leaning towards having nerve blocks.

I am going through all this to determine if I should have hardware removed, new surgeon is being very cautious which I appreciate.

Curious if others went through Blocks to confirm or unconfirm diagnosis.
goblue1998 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (07-07-2015)