View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 01:43 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Winter View Post
If you neurologist says you have "anxiety"? With all due respect, he is a jerk and find a new guy who is willing to do the proper testing. The best way to confirm it is skin biopsy. They will go through some other tests first because of insurance. But, small fiber will only be seen from a skin biopsy. There is no reason they haven't offered to at least prescribe you a low dose Gabapentin to hep with the pain. Gabapentin also helps with anxiety so i can't imagine why that Neuro wouldn't at least consider it.
+1
I am so sorry for your situation and lack of support from the doctors. I went all over the place before I could get someone to do a skin biopsy for me. And if it had been negative (you could still have SFN and have a negative skin biopsy), then it would still be: skin disturbance, pain syndrome, anxiety, etc.. Unfortunately, you have to act as calm as possible, but when the clinicians can't figure it out due to laziness, lack of knowledge, or genderism, their go to is ANXIETY.

I even had to mention that unless they were ready to commit me and I had a psychological break, no amount of anxiety could cause my symptoms.

Hope you can find an empathic doctor that will listen and realize that ANYONE with those symptoms would have anxiety.

Hope you get some relief very soon.
baba222 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lukesmom (07-07-2015), madisongrrl (07-07-2015), mrsD (07-07-2015), Patrick Winter (07-08-2015)