View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 02:32 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Frown Nausea and vomiting one month after injury- very discouraged.

I posted not too long ago about getting my fifth concussion in the beginning of June. This morning and a few other mornings (about 4-5 times since injury) I woke up and immediately needed to throw up. The nausea is what woke me and I had to run to the bathroom. I almost never get sick but I can't fight this. As soon as the nausea hits me I have no choice and very little time. After throwing up and taking some gravol I felt okay. Still dizzy like I have been for the past month but the nausea and vomiting had stopped. Every time I feel like I'm starting to get better, I have a setback like this.

Is this normal? Has anybody else experienced this? I tried to read a book yesterday so I may have overdone it. I have spoken to my doctor about this and they explained that this can sometimes be a part of PCS but it's really awful and I'm wondering if I'm not the only one.

I know it's only been a month but I'm having an awful time with recovery and starting to feel like I'll never get better or get my life back. I'm only 21 years old and I'm a competitive horseback rider. It was a fluke accident that caused this concussion and I miss riding and being active terribly. Looking for some answers and feedback from people who have been or are in the same boat because I'm starting to go a bit crazy from sadness.
AmandaGPCS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote