View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 03:42 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi. I too started with the symptoms you described in April and it is now July and zero improvement. My skin punch showed sfn but have been tested for everything under the sun and all they can say is its idiopathic (which means they don't know what causes it) which is a high percentage of the cases. As someone else suggested, test your vitamin, heavy metals, viruses that could cause it, blood glucose levels etc. It is a pretty horrendous feeling and I am in the same boat trying to get to the bottom of it. Hard to know if mine has progressed or not as there are some days that are better than others and certainly I have moments every day where I am so frightened by the loss of control. On my side, I found some copper deficiency which is rare so we are trying to supplement there. The theory my doctor(s) have is that I got hit with an acute virus that either damaged my nerves and this is the aftermath or that my immune system misfired and attacked my nerves in reaction to that. In that case, its possible to go the steroid route (ie prednisone) or IVIG. Considering IVIG still as a last resort. Hang in there and if you want to compare notes, feel free to send a pvt msg.
franklin76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
madisongrrl (07-07-2015), Patrick Winter (07-07-2015)