View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 04:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi D,

Not sure when you will see this post since you said you were heading out on a trip.

When it comes to SSDI advice, Lit Love is the one that KNOWS. I only guess and voice a view from MY perspective. Lit Love knows the SSDI perspective. Always take Lit Love's advice. You won't go wrong. If her views differ from mine on any point, PLEASE ignore mine and follow Lit Love. I only guess and may be very incorrect.

As to being told by your reps not to gather too many opinions, that may be true to some extent because you may be getting information from sources like me, that are only guessing. Knowledge is power and the more you know, the better off you will be in your claim for benefits. There are many TRUSTED sources of which Lit Love is one. (Not me.)

Lit Love will never steer you wrong and has provided reference sources to aid you. Be sure you avail yourself of them. They can be vital to your claim.

There are some other people here that can also provide good information but be careful of "advice" by some that can only guess like me.

The best "advice" that I can give you is to paint the picture accurately of your situation. You are trying to SHOW SSDI (people that do not know you) your limitations using paper.

Keep in mind that your pain is invisible to others. Even people that know you may not even realize how you are impacted. You are attempting to convey why you are unable to work at any job.

One last thought. Since you were a teaching, I am assuming you have a college degree. The more education you have, the more difficult the process, as you have qualifications to perform many other occupations even with limitations than someone of a low level education. A factor in your favor is your age. For young people, the process is more difficult.

The BEST advice I can offer is take everything Lit Love posts to heart. It will serve you well.

Last edited by Jomar; 07-08-2015 at 11:52 PM. Reason: name edit per request
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
canifindagooddr (07-07-2015), LIT LOVE (07-07-2015)