View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 06:32 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbie86 View Post
Thanks. But do you experience the same symptoms as I described?
I am really depressed, anxious ((
So, you can live with SFN normal or do you have for example only years?
Do you have paresthesias all over your body?
I have had it for a year (that i know of). And like you it seemed to come out of nowhere. That is quite common. I wouldnt say you will live "normal", you will live challenged. At least that is the stage i am at now. Struggling with what i can and can not eat, whether the medicine works, the supplements work, etc. For me, scripture helps. For some, that can make it worse or is of no interest to them. But, the key thing is to find places to turn for those moments of despair. Places like this forum!

As far as the "anxiety" I had much of it when i first started having the symptoms. i battled panic attacks much of the time going from this doctor to that doctor, worrying what it could be, googling it and seeing all the awful possibilities. I literally would sit in waiting rooms in hot sweats, rooms spinning. Stressing over what will become of my life. Now, looking back i realize that is where the Panic came from. Once I had a confirmed, sensible diagnosis the panic magically disappeared. Plus, SFN is something that will take the focus of that away. You wont be able to get as stressed and nervous when you have real pain that has a diagnosis. Once again, that is my situation.

Please DO NOT panic. Everyone has a cross to bear in life. And you become challenged. You will gain amazing perspective and appreciation for things that you took for granted. It isn't a death sentence, it can be painful. But, you haven't even tried medicine or alternatives yet. Just stay focused on treatment, not on the dread of what is to come. You can stress about nerve pain day and night and in the end something else may do you in. So please dont fear death. I never feared that once I went to doctors willing to do what wa needed. Get a diagnosis. A real good one and then make this site your second home.

I hope this in some way can help calm you. There is no reason to panic, at all.

BTW - Thanks for the welcome other users. This site has been one I have frequented for months but just finally got registered after some issues with verizon blocking me.
Patrick Winter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitt (07-07-2015), madisongrrl (07-07-2015)