View Single Post
Old 07-08-2015, 01:49 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks Lit! Great stuff! I will fix the all caps and try to fill in the gaps Friday.

In brief, yes both mental and physical. The PN (which started 2.5 years ago) made the mental (dx - BP2, ADD, GAD,OCB - dx'd 8 years ago) worse.

As my feet continued to get worse in spite of MUCH treatment (over 10 PT sessions with TENS, compression stockings, Gabapentin started, walking, biking, Gabapentin increasd 125%, etc) - I naturally become more depressed about my new and increasing physical limitations.

This in turn feed my anxious thoughts about 'will i be able to continue working'? 'If I can't work how will i take care of myself and my daughters?'

The mind-body connection. The pain can be quite fatituging. Which again triggers all my mental conditions. Does that make some sense?

It's hard enough for a 'normal' person to deal with a CHRONIC, PAINFUL, PROGRESSIVE and DEBILITATING condition (PN - proven by
skin biospy) . . .let alone a 'head -case' like me.

Treatment for PN and mental are on-going. Today I saw my shrink. Wednesday I see my neurologst. I see both for treatment at least 4 times a year.

This doesn't include all the different foot docters and GENERAL nuerologist I have seen over the last 2.5 years.

We got time to get my report better. I have until 7/13/15 (4pm) to finish it. Thanks again. I look forward and wait with great excitement as you and the others help it all to flow better.

My pension. Their calculater said i get nothing due to mr pre-mature resisnaton (sp). If i could have taught for 6 more years i could have retired w/ full benefits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
I think it might be best to understand your strategy for qualifying for SSDI prior to completing more of this paperwork.

You are all over the place.

Is your claim that your PN is severe enough to qualify for a Listed Impairment?

When you bring up all these issues (with a potential mental or cognitive disability) related to your work, that is a completely different tangent. You were employed at the same job for 25 years. What has changed so that you can longer manage to follow the rules that would ensure your continued employment? Are you receiving treatment for these issues?

(BTW, are you planning to file for retirement and receive a pension?)

What you're describing with regards to your hands doesn't actually seem all that serious. It's annoying, but dropping things won't keep you from working. (I have the same issues, so I can relate.) Do you have issues with fine motor skills? Can you write? Handle and file paperwork? Type? At home--can you cook? Dress in the same manner as before your PN progressed? Do your own laundry? Drive? Go grocery shopping?

The narrative just needs to make sense, and it suddenly isn't really making sense. There are a few things I can guess at that would make it make sense, but you'll need to fill in the blanks.

Please don't write in caps either here or on your actual paperwork. It makes it hard for the reader.

Last edited by canifindagooddr; 07-08-2015 at 11:03 AM. Reason: corrected a date
canifindagooddr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote