View Single Post
Old 07-08-2015, 02:07 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Confused

I did teach 25 years. 2 years in a small town to get my carrer started. One year near a very big city. And the last 22 in the same school district. Now, this district has many elementary schools. And it is normal for us from time to time to be assigned a different school (or often teach at TWO schools) from time to time.

2013 -- FMLA - eights weeks. Returned the last two weeks of school and finished the year. DX - PTSD -- I couldn't adjust to my new assignment very well. Too much stress and I fall apart.

2014 - Probation for a year and a half. Main charge - not playing nice with others. I don't agree. But I started being extra cautious with my words. Poltics.

2015 - FMLA - began late in Feb and I did not return to finsh the school year. I used up all eight weeks again. Cause? Dealing with the WORSEN of the PN and how that affective my mental condition. It made all mental functions much worse. Again, the stress of dealing with the PN . . . and the mental changes that occured with it . . . but me out of commission. Too much I do not function well. EXHAUSTED.

Both doctor notes for FMLA's were written by shrinks. I did not know my KU neurologist well enough at that time to ask him to write the note.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
I think it might be best to understand your strategy for qualifying for SSDI prior to completing more of this paperwork.

You are all over the place.

Is your claim that your PN is severe enough to qualify for a Listed Impairment?

When you bring up all these issues (with a potential mental or cognitive disability) related to your work, that is a completely different tangent. You were employed at the same job for 25 years. What has changed so that you can longer manage to follow the rules that would ensure your continued employment? Are you receiving treatment for these issues?

(BTW, are you planning to file for retirement and receive a pension?)

What you're describing with regards to your hands doesn't actually seem all that serious. It's annoying, but dropping things won't keep you from working. (I have the same issues, so I can relate.) Do you have issues with fine motor skills? Can you write? Handle and file paperwork? Type? At home--can you cook? Dress in the same manner as before your PN progressed? Do your own laundry? Drive? Go grocery shopping?

The narrative just needs to make sense, and it suddenly isn't really making sense. There are a few things I can guess at that would make it make sense, but you'll need to fill in the blanks.

Please don't write in caps either here or on your actual paperwork. It makes it hard for the reader.
canifindagooddr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote