View Single Post
Old 07-08-2015, 09:50 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Lit, as always . . . THANK YOU for your assistance.

Understood on paragraph one and two below.

How do I make my application very 'focused'? By doing similar to what you sent me in the PM?

Thanks for the PM! Good stuff. So, on my Function Report as many places as I can put info that is honest about me as it applies to my mental health - do so?

Is the picture now coming together better for you as to why I am not able to work at this time?

Maybe in a year or two I can at least work half-days . . . but the neurologist has GOT to get my feet to make it through a day - or even a half day - which is currently NOT happening - the PN is progressing and becoming MORE disabiling . . . and then my feet have to get through a couple of months . . . . so I can develop some convidence in them that they can handle a daily load consistiently. Now, every day is a 'bad' day with me having to go to my bed to get relief at least twice a day.

Before the PN forced me to stop teaching, via FMLA . . .when at work, by 1130am . . . my feet were pretty well shot. I would drag a mat into my office, close my door, lay on my back . . . .and put my bare feet up on my chair for at least 20 minutes before I would be able to eat my lunch.

Then I would teach 2.5 hours in the afternoon. "Mr. XXX what is that funny smell?" The kids would ask . . . some fellow staff members would do the same.

"Oh . . . just some stuff that Mr. XXX has to put on his feet and muscles at times..." It was daily. Sometimes I would say, "What smell?! I do not smell anything?!"

After teaching, I would leave school at 400pm. Drive the five minutes home with feet that each felt like they weighed fifty pounds (in addition to the usual, burning, numbness, tingling, PAIN, cramps, etc) . . . stumble to my bed... lay there and moan and groan . . . for an hour or two . . . then get up . . . try to do some house work . . . school work . . . and fall back into bed exhausted . . . most nights by 8pm . . . with this cycle occuring for several months . . . I fell further and further behind at school and at home . . . and of course this feuled all of my mental conditions . . . until finally, with great persuasion (sp) from a family doctor . . . I was forced to use FMLA. I did NOT want to use FMLA . . . I wanted to finish the school year - the doc said, "IMPOSSIBLE. You need to stop NOW before you do permenant nerve damage . . . which you have probably already done . . ." and then ultimately resigned my position 3 months later.

Back to 'real time.' Now I have to lay on my brother's bed. I'm staying at his house. Sitting here for an hour and a half typing has made my feet feel quite naughty . . . I can't take the laptop with me to bed . . . because he does not have wireless . . .

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
Any current medical records will of course be considered. They just don't usually care about records farther back than 1 year for medical and 2 years for mental health.

So, if you attempt to provide the adjudicator with the type of letter I pm'd you, quote from medical documentation as close to your AOD as possible, and not farther back then the 1 year med, and 2 year mental health limits.

I think the attorney feels you will win, but not quickly. If you do, he won't receive a dime. This is just a guess on my part.

I think you can be approved at the first stage by meeting the requirements of 1 or more Listed Impairments, but your application will need to be very focused.
canifindagooddr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote