View Single Post
Old 07-08-2015, 09:50 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbie86 View Post
Thank you all. Today i have emg. I am scared how this will go. Is it painfull? Are there any risk?
Does anyone have constant buzzing ot vibrating?
I would like to have a family and i do not know if this is possible.
I started to get these symptons after tcd bubble study. First my toes in both legs thsn after some days legs thN after a week trunk and head and now arms so the whole body. I am scared because it goes fast. Some write only about tingling in legs for example.
The constant buzzing and vibrating sucks doesn't it? But yeah, that's normal. And over time that will likely go away and be replaced with something else. I used to always get the buzzing and vibrating. I use to call it "whole body plugged into and outlet" feeling. You may get a prickling feeling or a burning in weird spots, Then the buzzing may come back. These can be anywhere on your body, it doesn't mean its spreading and taking over it just means your nervous system is getting mixed messages.

I would seriously recommend right now giving up all refined carbohydrates. All the bad stuff. Limit your sugar to as little as humanly possible. Try to avoid potatoes (man thats tough). Breads. All the "white carbs". And, unfortunately artificial sugar is no good either. The body sees it the same way. Man, they will set the nerves off. You basically have to eat a Atkins style diet. Which is great for weight loss and health, but not good for personal satisfaction at times. When you make this adjustment the symptoms should reduce. Not go away but make life more manageable. Then you can try introducing healthy sugars (fruits) back in slowly and see how you handle them. Some are worse than others. Apples and Berries tend to be better tolerated than Oranges, etc.

I would not relate the TCD study to this. There is no evidence of ultrasound's causing neuropathy. They're harmless.

No reason why you couldn't have a family if you ask me. I have 2 kids and they are the ones that keep me going and give me hope for the future. They are what makes me want to keep fighting.

I really think you should talk to doctors, better doctors. Get more than one opinion. Also check for the best ones in your area who specialize in neuropathy. Some are MS guys, some are seizure guys. Make sure Neuropathy is a specialty. If you call a group (which is often the best bet) ask them for the doctor who specializes in peripheral neuropathy.
Patrick Winter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Joe Duffer (07-09-2015)