View Single Post
Old 07-08-2015, 10:24 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

You just need to make sure it's clear PN is the main issue and that the mental health issues have been exacerbated. Why is this important? Because you were able to work with the mental health issues prior to that.

There just needs to be a connection. The mental health just seemed to come out of left field. And yes, it's not a bad idea to use the Impaired Listing as a template to make sure you cover those issues that apply. Providing a separate letter like the sample I provided is a good idea too.

My question for you is, if you only had the PN would you still be unable to work? My guess is yes. If I'm correct, treat it that seriously. Think of the PN as cake and your impairments as icing.

DO NOT, discuss, "Maybe in a year or two I can at least work half-days" or you will encourage a denial. You're opening the door for doubt and that you might be capable of working. IF you are able to return to work, that'll be great, but neither you nor your doc can predict that.

The only thing I don't remember seeing you respond to was if your doc had suggested you need a walker or cane. It's a bit inconsistent to claim you're falling and not using a devise to help.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote