View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 06:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Just stopping by...

I came here lurking the other day and promised a very special someone I would be back, with an update. I hope that my longtime friends that are here are doing well. I haven't read the new posts yet, but some of the titles have me wondering?? ((((curious)))) ((((goofy)))) ((((just in case someone else needs one, an extra hug))))

So I have been working with the college I graduated from last month, with a program they have Downtown in the inner-city. The center I work at has a daycare for cocaine-exposed children and I work on the research part of the building. I conduct assessments on each child when their birthday comes to make sure they are or are not delayed cognitively or physically, etc. I really enjoy this job, my first "full-time" job. So I am trying to save up to get out on my own and get an apartment (hopefully by the end of summer or early fall). I am learning to juggle time better since I have trouble doing anything after work since I am so tired. I have a long hour to two hour commute, depending on the traffic. I have been busy.

I think of you all often. I worry and wonder how some of you are doing. I wonder about those of you with health problems and difficult issues in your lives. I also wonder about those of you who are my friends or those of you I don't even know. Sometimes I find it difficult to post here at neurotalk, even though so many of you I have known for years and years... because some of you I have never met. And there is always that worry about not fitting in. And I guess I just can't be a reliable poster anymore since I don't have enough time to even come on the computer anymore.

So I wish I knew all the updates on you all, so before I whine some more... I will be off lurking. JUst wanted to let you all know I was here and am doing well. I finally feel like an adult now! And can you believe some of you I met when I was a wee pre-teen way back when (Alffe)? Oh how the world changes, lol!

Oh and just wanted to say Lucy is doing great and healthy too now. What a scare with her kidney failure. I am still trying to figure out legal issues with her, I posted it all at the pet thread, if your interested in all that.
hsiw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote