View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 07:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

The medical textbook dose of oral B12 for someone who may malabsorb is: 1000 mcg - 2000 mcg. That is using cyanocobalamin, the least of the forms of B12.

Using methylcobalamin, many many times those amounts have repeatedly been proven safe and sometimes effective in people who are not even B12 deficient.

The only danger is in having too little B12, and she should not have to wait to take a better dose. Time is important.

I hope you have copies of lab results. They are very helpful when you spend time to understand them and compare. Most doctors don't order a ferritin, and that is very sad because it is much more sensitive than the other iron tests. A person can have deficient stores in iron, which usually will show on ferritin result, while having great labs otherwise (CBC: hemoglobin, hematocrit, etc.).

Tingling and other sensory symptoms can occur both during damage and during repairs. It all depends on the person.

Please see my website for these subjects.

rose

rose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote