View Single Post
Old 07-08-2015, 08:10 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I am not offended in the least by your excellent points below. I'm exhausted now. Just got home. I'll respond in more detail tomorrow. Thank you for adding to the discussion. I really appreciate it. Would you please edit out my first name in your post below. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
Hi D,

I did not mean to sound disrespectful in the least. I agree that from YOUR perspective, there is no job that fits your situation. I was just trying to mention that being educated can be a hurdle. I wasn't voicing a personal view, I was only mentioning something that may be considered by SSDI.

Sorry if it did not come out on paper the way I meant it.

Let's play a game for a minute. Let's pretend YOU work for SSDI and I were to apply for benefits. You don't know me and I tell you that my feet hurt so bad that I can't function for more than a few hours at a time. You can't see my pain nor feel it. How do you know if I am being truthful or not? Before you take this wrong, I DO believe you and your suffering but I am just trying to make a point here. An ALJ can make a decision as to whether they find you credible or not. That is my point. As I have said, you need to paint a picture for them on paper and that is NOT an easy task.

The reason you have to answer so many questions, complete so many forms, have medical documentation, etc. is because anyone can apply for benefits and claim they have pain that prevents them from working. It is SSDI's job to ferret out the truthful deserving applicants from the scammers. You must be found credible by the ALJ if you go before one.

I totally believe your pain and suffering but I am not SSDI. You need to try to see how they will perceive you from the answers you provide on the forms.

I am reading the posts and the responses but Lit Love has it covered and I don't have anything worthwhile to offer at this time.

Please forgive me if I have sounded a bit like the devil's advocate. I found it helpful to try to see things from the SSDI view rather than just my own perspective. It may help you in answering all the questions that you have in front of you.

If Lit Love disagrees, remember, always take her viewpoint. I only guess.

Last edited by Jomar; 07-09-2015 at 12:43 PM. Reason: per req name edit
canifindagooddr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote