View Single Post
Old 07-08-2015, 09:53 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canifindagooddr View Post
So, in one sense you got approved first try? May I ask what year this happened in? It seems to be harder and harder for one to get the INSURANCE that they paid for when we they get disabled. Thank you for sharing your story. I really appreciate it!

NEWS FLASH that we can discuss more on tomorrow - to my shock and dismay my neurologist flat out told me, "It is not a disabling condition. I have hundreds of patients that have PN and they work." GHEZ. I then asked him, "Then way is the condition in the SSA Blue Book?" "It is in there for people that have it very SEVERELY."

BUT . . . he was very concerned about my mental state. He is going to call my shrink tomorrow. He thinks if I learn how to cope with it better, it won't bother me so much . . . and then I'll get better.

I asked about PT at home . . . 15 minutes house work, then 30 minutes rest. Repeat . . . throughout the day. "You are doing too much."

I told him I am doing very little. Why? The symptoms that are quoted below... So . . . my treatment plan is to do less . . . see a psychologist once a week . . . and probably a med change with my AD. Get off Well-B . . . and get on one of those old AD's that are listed as front line. He was much more concerned about my mental state, then he was my feet. Strange . . . He wrote, "Patient is under tremendous social stress, he has Bipolar disease. Needs to develop better coping skills." He wrote more, but I can't find that other set of paper yet. Visit summary. Thanks again for sharing.
I thought you said you had limitations for both sitting and standing? Was that something that you came up with on your own and not documented in your medical records?

A diagnosis of the one of the Listed Impairments is not enough. You must be able to prove you meet the requirements through medical documentation as well. Anyone that meets those requirements will be severely disabled.

You might also be able to "Equal" a Listed Impairment with two or more disabilities.

You doc's comments will certainly make it more difficult for you to receive an approval.

Last edited by LIT LOVE; 07-09-2015 at 02:25 AM.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hopeless (07-08-2015)