View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 12:15 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Ali,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. Sorry to hear about your daughter. Anxiety is a common symptom of TBI and phobias are an extreme form of anxiety.

Do you know a good chiropractor with gentle pediatric skills ? There are some upper back issues that can cause gastric issues like GERD and such. I dislocated a rib at the spine and ended up with severe GERD for two weeks until a chiro found the problem. In the mean time, I lost 14 pounds because it was difficult to swallow with the strange feeling like nothing wanted to go down and everything wanted to come back up . Upper neck issues can also be an issue.

But, anxiety can also cause all of these issues.

Has she had any blood work done ? Her B-12, D-3, magnesium, folate and some others should be checked. Low levels can contribute to anxiety. Her gastric issues can contribute to poor nutritional absorption.

As a wild idea, has anybody suggested that she may be starting some hormonal changes prematurely ? TBI's can mess up hormone systems.

Lots of out of the box ideas but I bet nobody has consider any of them. When all else fails, start thinking out of the box.

My best to you both.
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote