Old 07-09-2015, 02:39 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
Hi Can i find a good dr,

OK, this is a first for me, attempting to put a link in a post.

http://www.disabilitysecrets.com/rfc...statement.html

Not sure if it will work or not or if permitted but this link talks about getting your physician to complete a form regarding your abilities.

This form is usually submitted with an appeal but I think it may help if submitted with your initial application. Better let Lit Love comment on this. I am guessing (as usual) but I think most initial applicants do not submit this because the applicant is unaware of it until they are denied upon initial application. I do not know if you are even allowed to submit this at the initial application level.

All that being said, it might be worthwhile at least looking at the form so you can see what information will be needed down the road if not approved at stage 1 of the process. It might help you with completing the form you are currently working on for submission.

The more information you have about the process and what needs to be provided, the better off you will be in your quest for benefits.
Prior to the ALJ hearing stage, most approvals are from applicants that meet a Listed Impairment or qualify via the Grid Rules.

Those that have to undergo the ordeal that is the 5 Step Sequential Process, the 3rd and final way to be approved for SSI/SSDI, have to prove they are no longer capable of former work (step 4) or any work (step 5). An ALJ uses an applicant's medical documents, their application and testimony, and 3rd party function reports to determine their functional limitations. At the hearing, the ALJ will pose questions to the Vocational Expert (VE)about a hypothetical worker and various limitations and the VE will determine if that hypothetical worker is capable of various jobs. After the hearing the ALJ sets the applicants RFC rating and uses the VE's testimony to determine if they are capable of any work.

The idea with supplying your own RFC forms, is to prove you have certain functional limitations, which will then erode the jobs listed by the VE. (I always advise applicants to undergo a Functional Capacity Evaluation or FCE, which then allows their doctor to use the testing results from the FCE to fill out RFC forms.) And there are 2 versions of RFC forms--one that covers physical disabilities and the other mental disabilities.

There are times when I've advised applicants for a variety of reasons to consider having a FCE done very early on, as well as having the accompanying RFC/s filled out. In this case, I'd advise against it at least until the OP deals with the issues of his doc being not supportive of his claim, he should not ask him to fill out any additional paperwork.

http://www.disabilitysecrets.com/rfc...statement.html

"RFC forms completed by your treating doctor can be extremely helpful to you at the time of your hearing before an administrative law judge (ALJ)."

Since he has conditions that might allow him to be approved with a Listed Impairment, it makes the most sense IMO, that he focus his energy on providing the medical documentation required to meet or "equal" a listing.

IMO, it appears the biggest issue the OP is facing is that his PN doc is not supportive of his disability claim. I'm actually really confused by this. Earlier in one of these threads, the OP stated it was his doc that insisted he stop working or he'd cause permanent damage. Was that the same doc or a different doc?

Should he consider finding a new doc like Echoes suggested? A new doc likely won't have much effect for several months. If the current doc will never be supportive, than the OP will have to accept the delay and move on.

Is the OP seeing a psychiatrist? What is his or her opinion about your mental health claim?
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hopeless (07-09-2015)