View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 07:17 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommystime2 View Post
Ok see if this helps. I was receiving social security income. Ssi. But my husband is back working so we become over income to receive my 35.00 monthly they were sending, which was fine by Us. Dhhs is the Maine state programs such as foodstamps, mainecare, and welfare cash. I was receiving mainecare. Now they want me to work 30 a week. My disabilities have gotten worse not better, but because I'm no longer receiving the ssi they figure I can work. Told them it was because of income and so I reapplied but it'll be another 5 months or so before decision is made whether I qualify based on income.
Thank you for clarifying. SSI is a bit different than disability (SSDI), that's where I was confused.

There is a separate VR division in Maine, you can find it on the Maine gov site. I am receiving good leads/help from my VRC. I am not able to do the job I have been doing my whole life and they are helping me with training to do something else that accommodates my disabilities. Worth a try.

I understand the frustration with medicaid/mainecare. It took a few months for me to get approved as well. Then, it took from Nov to Feb before I actually was seen by a doctor. ACA really messed with the system.

Crossing my fingers for you.

Last edited by Always_Believe; 07-09-2015 at 08:37 AM. Reason: oopsie
Always_Believe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Littlepaw (07-09-2015)