View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 08:36 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommystime2 View Post
Ok see if this helps. I was receiving social security income. Ssi. But my husband is back working so we become over income to receive my 35.00 monthly they were sending, which was fine by Us. Dhhs is the Maine state programs such as foodstamps, mainecare, and welfare cash. I was receiving mainecare. Now they want me to work 30 a week. My disabilities have gotten worse not better, but because I'm no longer receiving the ssi they figure I can work. Told them it was because of income and so I reapplied but it'll be another 5 months or so before decision is made whether I qualify based on income.
Well, that shows how good my memory is! I must have been confusing you with someone else.

Some benefits are automatically awarded if you receive SSI. So even though your benefit was insignificant, it entitled you to Medicaid and services worth hundreds or even thousands of dollars every month.

So, it's not that they're forcing you to work. They expect your husband to pay for your insurance and other requirements based upon his income. If you are able to manage working, then you qualify for a special Medicaid program for the working disabled.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Always_Believe (07-09-2015), Littlepaw (07-09-2015)