View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 10:00 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Hopeless,

Thanks for the link. I agree with what you wrote below. I gave a 2 page form to both my shrink and my neuro yesterday. These forms were created by my law firm. Shrink took it no problem and seems as if he will support me on my claim.

My neuro was 'What is all of this? This is subjective . . . '. I felt like saying, 'Well . . . we got OBJECTIVE data from one of your peers here at the hospital stating that on 2 of the three test sites on my body - that I was outside the range . . . and therefore have small fiber PN, but that does not seem to matter either...' Cooler heads prevailed, I kept my mouth shut. He handed the two page doc to his nurse.

My brother who has been a GP doc for about 30 years told me, "I hate those dumb forms." He stated his many reasons why. Then he told me, "Do you docs a favor. You fill it out. Then when you hand him the blank say . . . my brother is a doc and he hates filling out these things because they are time-consuming and subjective. Do him a favor. You fill one out. You had him the blank one and the filled out one and say something like this, 'My brother is a doc . . . he told me to fill one out ahead of time . . . not to tell you what to put on the blank report . . . just to show the you (the doc) how I would honestly fill one out on myself.'

The idea being, cut down on the doc's time by him looking at the form you already filled out. Bro said tell the doc something like, "if you have any questions about anything on put on the form you could ask me now or later. I'm simply trying to make this request from me - easier on you, should you choose to do it for me."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
Hi Can i find a good dr,

OK, this is a first for me, attempting to put a link in a post.

http://www.disabilitysecrets.com/rfc...statement.html

Not sure if it will work or not or if permitted but this link talks about getting your physician to complete a form regarding your abilities.

This form is usually submitted with an appeal but I think it may help if submitted with your initial application. Better let Lit Love comment on this. I am guessing (as usual) but I think most initial applicants do not submit this because the applicant is unaware of it until they are denied upon initial application. I do not know if you are even allowed to submit this at the initial application level.

All that being said, it might be worthwhile at least looking at the form so you can see what information will be needed down the road if not approved at stage 1 of the process. It might help you with completing the form you are currently working on for submission.

The more information you have about the process and what needs to be provided, the better off you will be in your quest for benefits.
canifindagooddr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote