View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 10:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

hi inspired. i understand how hard it is to decide on an scs. i decided to maybe use it as a last resort if nothing else helped anymore. currently i'm on pain meds and antidepressants. i also have a home exercise program from pt. accupuncture and three surgeries caused me more pain and spread so my pm dr and pyschiatrist increased some of my meds. i am close to the max that i can take of all of them, so if they stop working and i am maxed out, i may consider a trial scs. if i were you i would research online about scs and talk to a knowledable pm and neurologist who know what rsd is and who are good at implanting scs. check their healthgrades online. they first do a trial scs for five days to see how you like it and if it helps you. maybe talk to them about that first about and see what they think. also check out the other ways of treating rsd like calmare and ketamine. i am not familiar with either of these or hbot for that matter. everyone reacts differently to different procedures so you have to make an informed decision with your drs and family and most importantly do whats right for you. i hope you find relief soon whatever you decide. soft hugs.