Thread: Frustrated!!
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 10:24 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I went for my 6 week follow up yesterday and found out the jaw issues I was having are NORMAL!! Apparently the trigeminal nerve affects two muscles that contribute to chewing. Who would have known? He told me heat or massage can help. Because of so much manipulation of my nerve ( 3 veins wrapped around it) this can happen.

I am very relieved and will start using these these tips. The massage actually feels awesome!!

I go back in 6 more weeks and he is very confident the numbness and jaw issues will resolve. I will continue to keep faith that this will get better with time. I guess we all just have to take it one day at a time

Even after everything I've been through I can honestly say I would do the surgery all over again. I will take the numbness and stiff jaw over the pain I was having before. My hope is to remain pain free!!

Thank you to everyone who has responded to may complaints. I will be updating everyone on my continued progress. I know where to come when I have bad days and I know there will be more with the continued decrease of medications.
tracyh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote