View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 10:55 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
Regarding if you should try to connect symptoms to meds--not when you're guessing.

Let's say you start taking Rx A. You notice it's making you drowsy and discuss it with your doc. He agrees the med is causing it, but the benefits outweigh the side effects. Fine--mention the drowsiness and explain it's caused by the Rx.

***OK. Thanks.

When were you diagnosed with PN?

***Many times - by many docs. Let the list begin! (my apologies for the mostly ALL CAPS below - I was working of a already saved list - and did not want to re-write all below due to time limitations. I still got a Function Report to finish up!)

And most recently: small fiber PN proven via a skin biopsy

- 4/7/15 – DX: SENSORY POLYNEUROPATHY - Diagnosis Code 356.8
Other specified idiopathic peripheral neuropathy (both this one and the one below from the same hospital)

- 4/8/14 - NEUROLOGIST | PAxxxx MD – Diagnosis 356.2:HERED SENSORY NEUROPATHY 782.0:SKIN SENSATION DISTURB, 729.5:PAIN IN LIMB - BIOPSY SKIN

- 3/11/15 - xxxxEY DPM, 355.5:TARSAL TUNNEL SYNDROME, 459.81:VENOUS INSUFFICIENCY NOS, 729.5:PAIN IN LIMB

- 07/14/2014 (BLOOD LABS – 10 TESTS)
Diagnosis: 355.9:MONONEURITIS NOS

- 7/9/14 - xxxxDA DPM, Diagnosis: 728.71:PLANTAR FIBROMATOSIS, 355.5:TARSAL TUNNEL SYNDROME, 729.5:PAIN IN LIMB

- 3/31/14 - xxxxOW MD,D - PHYSICAL MED & REHABILITATION Diagnosis: 355.5:TARSAL TUNNEL SYNDROME, 724.4:LUMBOSACRAL NEURITIS NOS, 781.2:ABNORMALITY OF GAIT

- 3/25/14 - DPM,xxxxAEL S Diagnosis -- 356.2:HERED SENSORY NEUROPATHY

So, in order to qualify with a Listed Impairment for PN,

11.14 Peripheral neuropathies. With disorganization of motor function as described in 11.04B, in spite of prescribed treatment.

"B. Significant and persistent disorganization of motor function in two extremities, resulting in sustained disturbance of gross and dexterous movements, or gait and station (see 11.00C)."

^^^Do my 'abnormality of gait' dx's work for the above? PN has caused a once graceful athlete to be a sedentary klutz . . .

"C. Persistent disorganization of motor function in the form of paresis or paralysis,

^^^C. is not me. I am not paralized and as defined below - I do not have paresis:

^^^Neurologists use the term paresis to describe weakness, and plegia to describe paralysis in which all voluntary movement is lost

tremor or other involuntary movements,

^^^I do have full body twitches and also other types of body twitches - 2 to 3 times a day.

ataxia and sensory disturbances (any or all of which may be due to cerebral, cerebellar, brain stem, spinal cord, or peripheral nerve dysfunction) which occur singly or in various combinations, frequently provides the sole or partial basis for decision in cases of neurological impairment. The assessment of impairment depends on the degree of interference with locomotion and/or interference with the use of fingers, hands and arms."
^^^I do not think the above will apply to me. I do not have ataxia. I do have sensory disturbances every day, every hour. PN does cause me balance problems and makes me clumsy . . . my PN does not (at this time!) interfer with my use of fingers, hands and arms.

^^^Thoughts? Thank you all.
canifindagooddr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote