View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 12:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile Not in time for most

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydropillow View Post
Perhaps the more consistent syndromes, which have a clearly defined patient group, will be easier to solve first - As far as I know (which is little) even these sufferers have no real effective treatments available as well. (such as MS, Parkinson, Alzheimer - etc)

It's just tough to make such a complex system as the nervous system grow back, especially if its continuously under attack by an unknown mechanism... As cancer is mostly the removal of bad cells, I'd say its a lower hanging fruit.

Let's hope science brings PN in the treatment range - nanobots, algorhythms, stem cell, gene therapy, artificial intelligence, personal medication --- all the futuristic stuff .

It's not like there's nothing being done, but ****** thing is that the paradigm for nervous system regeneration is on the low end of its evolution. When the doors open towards nerve treatments, there should a faster development in this area of research.

Stuff like the bloodcell to nervecell transformation will open up doors sooner or later. (I can't post links due to restrictions yet, but I bed most of your have read about it...) The real problem is, nobody wants to wait for it to happen. Let's hope all cancer get solved really soon, so scientists get hungry to solve other stuff!
The body has its own built in speed-bump to nerve healing and regrowth. Some of the stuff in the pipeline of rat and mice experimentation is breaking down those speedbumps. If I remember right P-10 Knockdown might be searchable. However I don't think Cancer is going to move over and yield. That is still like a Hummer vs. a powder blue Prius. IMHO. Ken.
zkrp01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote