View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 12:18 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healthgirl View Post
I have never had asthma or bronchial problems in my life, so this is new. It is terrible. I am remaining very calm about it, but do think I should get this checked and probably will need a nebulizer of some sort. Who do I even go to? My neurologist probably can't do anything so probably a pulmonologist? I'm so sick of this.
I had the same thing for several months when mine started in 2014. You feel like someone is putting weight on your chest and you can't get enough breath in. I pretty much lived in a recliner during that time because I was so winded. How is your heartrate? Elevated? Do you have palpitations? In doctors offices, my heartrate would always be over 100 bpm while sitting (normally it would be in the low 60s)

Mine is thankfully much better now, and I only get that feeling a few times a week instead of constantly; the feeling is also less intense. I didn't receive medication, but I did take d-ribose (plus all the standard neuropathy supplements) and began water walking to attempt to minimize all the deconditioning. I feel like these two things helped a bunch. I've lucky to have seen improvement. It seems like most neurologists tend to error on the side of not treating autonomic symptoms with medication unless they are severe.
madisongrrl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote