View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 01:20 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
So the timeline isn't quite so simple. I was thinking you had coped with the mental impairments, the PN became severely disabling and that led to an exacerbation of your mental impairments.

2007 major life event occurred - it caused me to use the services of a shrink. And since that date, I have been under the care of a shrink. I was doing fine at school. THEN, a major event happened at school. I couldn't cope. I fell apart mentally and had to use 12 weeks of FMLA. I came back to school to finish that year. Had the plan. Was working my way successfully through that -- then this year the PN got worse and worse. . . 'and that led to an exacerbation of my mental impairments' had to use fmla again for 12 weeks - did not return to school and resign my teaching position late in May.

You will need to explain your mental impairments were severe enough where you had to use FMLA, than PN became disabling, and then there was an escalation of your mental impairments.

I'm confused. Mental was fine. Feet got worse. Mental got worse. Feet got worse. Mental got worse. Continue that pattern until I just couldn't take it any more - the biggest problem being the feet. However, the body/mind connection and hence the pattern of a downward spiral mentally and physically until 12 weeks of fmla and no returning to school and resignation of my teaching position. Shrink wrote FMLA note because he was the only doc, at that time, that I had a good relationship with.

How to map this out? I'm not really sure within the context of these forms. A letter covering the Listed Impairments and timelines might be appropriate.

A 2 page letter max as an attachment describing fmla year, then plan year, then finally fmla this year and resignation of my teaching job. I need to write and attach something like that? I can handle that task.

The icing was supposed to be your mental impairments.

So, i was going with PN, and mental was to be the icing BUT since my neuro doc is NOT on board - mental is no longer my icing? Mental now has become my cake? I can see and write that - TRUTHFULLY. Is that the plan? Again, do it with the 2 page letter mentioned above? Again the mind/body connection. Lincoln once said something to the effect of, 'when my feet are hurting me . . . my mind does not work right'. I understand Abe!

It sounds like without the PN you could very well have ended not being able to perform that job.

Yes. That is correct. I get very neuotic towards the end of the year when I have to be in charge of our Field Days. I feel like the whole world is watching me - and that it is too big of a project for me to pull off . . . get helpers . . . . equip, plan stations/events . . . and yes, i was depressed about the divorce . . . missing my girls . . . me living in three different places in a three month period while still trying to teach. Pearl Harbor could have happened in the summer. She chose to do it in the middle of the first quarter of school and the evil way she began the thing...

(But you might have done better at a job with less social interaction.)

YES. Exactly right. So, what do we do with that info?

I can do a pretty good job of being able to edit out what shouldn't be there, but it's trickier to know what you should include because I just don't know your history.
We could talk on the phone or you can continue to ask questions on this forum . . . if we want to pm our email addresses to each other and continue that way. I'm a good writer just need a skeleton and purpose/direction to get this monster project started. It has to be postmarked no later than 7/13
canifindagooddr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote