Thread: Frustrated!!
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 08:16 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntmarshmallow View Post
Itzag you should get as much info and copies of things that have helped others and then suggest /show to your docs . I know its the poops when you have something doctors dont know or have little experience with treating. its like you yourself have to guide, point,...kick them into the right direction .suggests meds or other options to them docs if they are stuck on neutral.I am sorry the operation didnt help as much as it has for others. I know more of the latter where it doesnt last for life.but it still helps thousands of others because each of us and or symptoms are different. as well as the surgeon . are you taking any meds now? did any meds help before the surgery? sending waves of low pain and good energy at you and relax on your day off.
(Tina)
Unfortunately, I don't have a very good relationship with my Primary Care doctor, who also is in charge of my Pain Management. She's not abusive, and she seems to want to help in her own way. Unfortunately, her way involves me dropping all pain medication in exchange for physical exercise, which will somehow release enough endorphines to relieve pain all day, every day. I know that physical activity helps to relieve pain, but I have to be very careful with what I do & how much I do, otherwise I end up experiencing intense pain for at least an hour, or even the rest of the day.

Thankfully, I know I'm not the only one who thinks I'm not being treated correctly. When told of my treatment history up here, the doctors down in Seattle were shocked & couldn't understand why the Alaska doctors were basically shooting in the dark with their treatment plan. At least I know I'm not just crazy.

If anyone has suggestions on how to talk to your doctors when they aren't inclined to listen to you, I'd appreciate any tips. Would also appreciate any tips on what a person can do to relieve pain when it happens.
Itzagi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote