View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 08:21 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Tens Machine experience

I bought a tens machine when I first got neuropathy and it worked. I have the silver thread socks so I put them on and turn it on and bing the pain burning etc. is effectively gone. I'm also one of the lucky ones that has some lasting effects after I take the socks off.

So I started getting terrible leg and foot cramps at night and when I go "electric" in late afternoon usually I can feel the cramping wanting to start. Well I hadn't used the Tens in a while but then I remembered it and wondered it it would help. I put it on pulse and when I turned it on I noticed my muscles in my calf and foot would contract with each pulse and then release. After a 30 min session I noticed that my electric feeling had greatly lessened and the feet no longer were spasmodic. I did it one more time before bed and made it through the night without a cramp. Something has been working for 4 nights now. I do other things so cannot be sure but I believe the Tens is really helping this. My little theory is that I'm not getting good circulation and the Tens by pumping the muscles is moving blood etc. If I turn it up I can get my toes to completely turn down and then pop back up with each pulse.

I wonder if anyone else has had good luck with a Tens. It's really been a major help for me. I know it doesn't work for everyone.
icelander is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
janieg (07-10-2015)