View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 08:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Devil's Advocate again

Quote:
Originally Posted by canifindagooddr View Post
But, for neuropathies, the anti-seizure meds are what they use as a first line med for the controlling of neuropathic pain. So, I think I'll be OK with that. I have multi-health issues going on all the time. I have been under the care of shrinks for the last 8 years now. I have DX's for BP, OCB, GAD and ADD. It would appear that having worked 25 straight years of teaching elementary PE, plus my age (51) plus TONS of medical records on MANY conditions . . . Yeah. I feel a little better now. The KU doc is young and very inconsistent. I like him but . . .
Here I go again with the devil's advocate..... OK, if you have had the mental conditions for 8 years and were working during that time, then those conditions do not prevent you from being able to work.

From what I have read in your posts, it is actually the PAIN of SFN that has put you over the top and exacerbated the other conditions. So you are still stuck with all the issues that come with documenting the condition that has caused your pain and then exacerbated your other conditions.

If all I had was some paperwork in front of me as an employee of SSDI that documented your mental conditions during a time period while you were working full time and now pain without a doctor treating you for the condition that causes you the pain substantiating the reasonableness of it, I would not be inclined to approve you at the initial stage.

They may not deny you, but instead send you to their physicians for evaluation. Just a thought.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
LIT LOVE (07-09-2015)