View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 09:10 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canifindagooddr View Post
But, for neuropathies, the anti-seizure meds are what they use as a first line med for the controlling of neuropathic pain. So, I think I'll be OK with that. I have multi-health issues going on all the time. I have been under the care of shrinks for the last 8 years now. I have DX's for BP, OCB, GAD and ADD. It would appear that having worked 25 straight years of teaching elementary PE, plus my age (51) plus TONS of medical records on MANY conditions . . . Yeah. I feel a little better now. The KU doc is young and very inconsistent. I like him but . . .
The last 8 years of treatment won't be a real factor. Why? Because you were able to work until 6 months ago. SS will look at med records going back 1 year from your AOD for the PN and 2 years for the BP disorder. If you're claiming your mental health is severe enough to prevent you from working, SS will expect you to be seeing a mental health professional frequently--I would say once a week is the norm.

BTW, very few pain mgmt docs are willing to prescribe narcotics anymore. Your neurologist might be providing adequate pain management, but if you're saying you are frequently hitting an 8 out of 10 on the pain scale, that doesn't seem adequate.

You might also consider seeing a pain psychologist.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
canifindagooddr (07-09-2015), Hopeless (07-09-2015)