View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 09:34 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Tarlov Cyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridges View Post
A few things you can do: Be kind to your body. Be aware of what you put into it...treat it like a baby, and nourish it as though you are bringing it back to life. Stay healthy: Remain active, but do NOT do ANYTHING that can cause an impact to the spine, or requires you to exert those muscles which affect your spine, as in heavy lifting. Walking, water aerobics, and gentle yoga were activities I engaged in after surgery. Avoid standing or sitting for prolonged periods. Lying flat on your back, sometimes with your knees pulled up to your chest with your hands around your ankles or knees, will help you remain flexible. When using stairs, do it slowly, one step at a time. If you smoke, stop. If you consume alcoholic beverages, use moderation. A glass of red wine helped calm me, as I wanted to get going again, since I had been "cured"! Don't expect that all will return to "normal" within a few weeks. Your body has undergone a major invasive procedure, and will require some to heal and adjust. PM me if you have further questions. And, welcome to the Club!
David
PLease I want to call you and talk to you. I have 3 tarlov cysts and I need surgety. I am frighten of taking pain killers. I cannot tolerate them. I suffer now, but I cannot take pills. How long one has to take painkillers after surgery?
Zoulaikha is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote