View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 10:01 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Sound and Flashing Light Exposure

I don't know about anyone else, I already have to limit my exposure to fluorescent lighting. I don't go to movies because of the sound (volume) and lights (flashing). I don't drive at night because of the exposure to the headlights of oncoming cars.
I never left my bedroom on the evening of July 4th. Georgia began allowing stronger fireworks for the public this year. It seems as if everyone of my neighbors decided to purchase and shoot off fireworks for what seemed like was all night long. The morning of July 5th I was in bed, curled up in a fetal position. The nerves in my brain were misfiring so horribly that it felt like my brain was in a seizure. I would feel the electrical impulses run down my spine and then different parts of my body would jerk involuntarily. I was unable to get out of bed until about 12:30pm.
My PCP is so understanding and did not think I was insane, he suggested earplugs or earphones that will block outside noise but will connect to my phone or computer so I can relax to some comforting music. I was thinking New Year's and he reminded me that Labor Day is another big fireworks day. He explained it is not just the sound but the concussions from the fireworks. Does anyone else run into this problem?
bddouglas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (08-10-2015), RSD ME (07-10-2015)