View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 10:57 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruvingal View Post
I have been in so much pain for so long, physically and mentally, that I am just done! The doctors do nothing more than take information and send you on your way. I have told them over and over for three years that something is wrong with my lower back (numbness and pain from crotch to butt, over to hip, down legs). I finally had an MRI yesterday for this and my neck because the pain has gotten so bad. I have never had pain while doing an MRI, but yesterday my lower right side of my back was killing me on that table and causing spasms. Now I am in pain even worse and the pain meds are just not cutting it anymore. I cannot take more because I will throw them up. If I take the Flexeril I will be jello on the couch. Just four years ago I was up in the woods with Doug getting wood for our stove in the shop and to sell. I could run around like a mountain goat! Now the best I can do is hobble to the mail box! I have thought of suicide more in the last two years than I have in my whole life and it scares me! I fear I will be crippled just like my Mother.

You mention having an MRI so I would assume you are hopefully under the care of an orthopedic doctor; specializing in lower back.

I had spinal fusion/laminectomy over 8 years ago. Many of my complaints were very similar to yours. The pain had gotten so bad at one point turning in my bed would bring me at times to tears and close to screaming. I was so ready to have the surgery. While I had other vertebrae issues; the worst was at the L4-5 level Also spinal cord near that area was so narrowed, some of the lamina (laminectomy) had to be removed. I don't think I would have been able to handle the pain without having the fusion/laminectomy.

While I still have some spine pain issues; most of my pain now has to do with the peripheral neuropathy I am dealing with. I am under the care of a Pain Management doctor who has managed to keep my pain under control which enables me to get thru each day.

Information regarding the results of the MRI would be very helpful. None of this means you will be in a wheel chair. So please hang in there.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (07-22-2015), EnglishDave (07-10-2015), eva5667faliure (07-12-2015), gruvingal (07-17-2015), Littlepaw (07-10-2015), PamelaJune (07-13-2015)