View Single Post
Old 07-10-2015, 08:39 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Molar extraction 7.3.2015 & PAIN LINGERS

Greetings! I am reaching out in hopes of gaining education. I had my last molar, bottom pulled out 7.3 and today I am in throbbing, lingering pain. On day 3 I began feeling throbbing, deep aching which has kept on this whole time. It now hurts when I swallow in my ear and bottom jaw. I had a decaying tooth for many years, that I tried to get refilled to save which failed. I have felt when I touch my jaw bone soreness for a while now, several years. My own neglect in waiting so long to pull the tooth. The oral surgeon did not prescribe antibiotics and said if there is infection, once a tooth is pulled the body will get rid of the infection. I took one 500 mg amoxicillin before hand on my own accord, as I had this from a previous prescription I never had to take for a cough. So I am worried I may have an infection. What helps the pain is if soft foods get into the hole. Once I irrigate out with the saline water the pain comes again. What would signs of infection be? I am trying to get into the oral surgeons office today once they open. I have been calling them daily and they say this pain is par for course and can last for a long time in some. Side note, when he injected the novacain/septacain solution, he "nicked" a nerve. I felt a shocking zap to the tip of my tounge and he explained and apologized. I hope I am not having some nerve pain. I am concerned and not feeling so confident with this oral surgeon. He left the room when I had questions of what did the tissues look like when he pulled the tooth etc. I got my tooth from the assistant and it had black on the back side. Thank you for any advice.
Marie11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote