Thread: My yesterday
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2015, 08:55 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default My yesterday

A few things happened on my way to attempt 'normal'. My knee locked up/gave out/threw a hissy fit in the shower. Thank goodness my son installed a fold down shower seat! I was able to limp out but I was unable to put weight on it for a little bit. I called for my daughter but she was still sleeping, so I ended up throwing my bathrobe on the floor, slid myself down and dried off/got dressed sitting on the floor. And waited. My daughter came in a short while later and retrieved my walker that was just out of reach.

We then went to get my 3 phase scan done. The tech had a hard time finding a vein and blew the first attempt. The scan itself was no big deal until the return and she put a lead apron between my legs. One edge rested on my knee...ouch.

Not sure what I was seeing, so no guesses on what the findings are. I did however, log on to my online chart & noticed a diagnosis I don't recall being there before: 'marble bone'. Anyone ever heard of this? I thought it may be related to my osteoporosis but a mini google search negated that thought. Not sure if this was an input error or related to the scan findings. Guess time will tell.

I did horribly regarding my smoking cessation yesterday. I'm going to throw the pain excuse in the air on that one. Back to the hard work at it today and pray I can continue to advance again tomorrow. The timer thing works as long as I remember to set it. I'm trying to at least look at the clock or smoke at the start of a tv show to gauge the time. Probably should just go cold turkey but I'm terrified of becoming more of a beyotch than I usually am.

Going to maybe attempt a shopping thing at wally world today. The last time I tried, all the zoom-zoom's were battery insufficient. Have to get a few things to get the house together before my grandbabies come!
Littlepaw (07-10-2015), mommystime2 (07-10-2015)