View Single Post
Old 07-10-2015, 10:12 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommystime2 View Post
Hahaha yes we could divorce n live separately but I won't. I'm looking into all angles here every day. I just need to wait 4 months. I need to social security to say I'm medically eligible so I reapplied. Damn politics I say. I don't understand why my doctors letter isnt enough
You only lost eligibility due to your husband's income, correct? SS should have sent a letter stating benefits were being suspended due to an excess of resources. That should be sufficient to prove what you need to DHHS, perhaps?

I'm not understanding why you'd be reapplying? This is only for DHHS purposes? You would be eligible to reinstate your benefits without going through the application process for 12 months, if you once again meet the income and asset requirements:

https://secure.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0502301205

SS won't determine if you're medically eligible if you reapply for SSI, since at step 1 they determine if you meet the resource requirements. They just don't move on to step 2, if you don't qualify due to income and assets.

I can try to research if there is anyway for you to retain eligibility. Perhaps with a PASS or something similar? It's probably a long shot but should be explored on the off chance.

Can I ask how much the excess resources were? And how long has it been since your benefits were suspended? You did not try to appeal the decision I'm assuming? (If you're not comfortable answering I understand. You can also pm me if you prefer.)
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote