View Single Post
Old 07-10-2015, 03:31 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Marie,

You probably have a dry socket and possible infection. If the oral surgeon refuses to see you, either just show up there or get in to see a different oral surgeon. Just so you know, the dentist who performed the extraction, by law, has to take care of your post operative complications.

This is not something to put off, there is a problem and you need to be clinically treated.

A word about antibiotics.... never take just one pill or just a few pills of the rx as this can set you up for a worse infection. The medication kills off the good, healthy bacteria sent by the immune system first in order to get to the bad infectious bacteria. So if you only take one pill or part of a prescription all you have done is killed off good bacteria which puts your health in an unfavorable position. Also when you take a prescription of antibiotics, it's imperative to finish that rx completely unless you have an adverse reaction to it, in which case you should stop the meds immediately. Finishing the rx ensures that you have killed off the bad bacteria as completely as possible. Just wanted you to be aware of that.

Please check in with us when you can.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie11 View Post
I don't know if this pain is something to be expected at this time. I didn't feel this with previous extractions. It is in my socket to the bone, seemingly radiating to the ear and eye at times. Then it tapers off and I think it's gone. Then it starts again with zapping pains and the throb/deep ache and zapping pains. Now my whole row of bottom middle teeth are really aching in off and on pattern.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote