View Single Post
Old 07-10-2015, 05:47 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Oh I have one last question. I was thinking really hard last night about prior dental care I had. Before I switched to this IAOMT dentist I saw a traditional ADA dentist about 8-9 years ago. I remember him measuring pockets and saying that I had a 5 in that General area. I can't remember exactly which tooth but I know it was the bottom left so I imagine it could have been the 19/20 space. He had said to use a special nylon brush to clean it and if it didn't improve I woukd have to get a deep cleaning. I never used the brush because it didn't fit and made my gum bleed. I did not change anything about my oral hygiene. I never got a deep cleaning and switched dentists soon after because I wanted a more holistic approach. However since I switched to the IAOMT dentist I don't recall the hygienist ever saying I had any pockets. At my last cleaning in April I really listened as they were doing the gum numbers and my whole mouth was 1,2s. That one area was a 3 (between 19/20) but they said that was fine and just to use the water pik.

I know my current dentist does some sort of holistic deep cleaning and I had asked him if I could try it around 19/20 (this was last year when the pain started) but he said no I don't have periodontal disease.

I am wondering about the discrepancy in measurements between the two dentists. I remember the old dentist being concerned looking and trying to wiggle my teeth to see if they were loose and telling me a pocket of 5 is really bad. But then my current dentist says I don't have any gum issues.

Can dentists measure in different ways? Or is it a standard tool they use? Could I still possibly have that pocket there (from the toxic RCT that was there for so long) and that is what is causing the pain?

I am just throwing out any ideas to you because you are so smart.
nukuspot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote