View Single Post
Old 07-10-2015, 09:01 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Bryanna,

Thank you for your reply. I got into see the oral surgeon today, they fit me in. He did a 3D xray. He said the bone looks good. He did a look quickly at my hole and said it looks to be healing well. He said a lower molar pull can cause pain for 2 weeks or more! I asked if it was dry or partial dry socket and he said no. I asked if I was feeling this as he "nicked" my nerve giving the anesthetic shot. He said no I wouldn't feel pain now. It's really strange to me, if I get porridge or soft food in the hole the pain goes away and when I finish eating and clean the hole out, the pain returns, which made me suspect a dry or partial dry socket. The pain is now radiated to my middle lower teeth. He said that is normal for the pain to radiate. I also asked the assistant if I could get a copy of the 3D image and she said no as it was a $400 xray they did for free. She did print it for me on a piece of paper. Do you think I should get a second opinion?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Marie,

You probably have a dry socket and possible infection. If the oral surgeon refuses to see you, either just show up there or get in to see a different oral surgeon. Just so you know, the dentist who performed the extraction, by law, has to take care of your post operative complications.

This is not something to put off, there is a problem and you need to be clinically treated.

A word about antibiotics.... never take just one pill or just a few pills of the rx as this can set you up for a worse infection. The medication kills off the good, healthy bacteria sent by the immune system first in order to get to the bad infectious bacteria. So if you only take one pill or part of a prescription all you have done is killed off good bacteria which puts your health in an unfavorable position. Also when you take a prescription of antibiotics, it's imperative to finish that rx completely unless you have an adverse reaction to it, in which case you should stop the meds immediately. Finishing the rx ensures that you have killed off the bad bacteria as completely as possible. Just wanted you to be aware of that.

Please check in with us when you can.

Bryanna
Marie11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote